T300RS Woes...

Off Topic..."Topics" here.

T300RS Woes...

Unread postby wolve3591 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:49 pm

Just needed a place to Rant among those that understand!

My 2 year old T300 servo went belly up yesterday; Won't auto calibrate, slams left and right with abandon. Of course Thrustmaster has just a one year warranty so no help there. My frustration is indeed that limited warranty for such an expensive peripheral. and so just a bit red faced about the failure and lack of support solutions...

And this happens on the day after the release of Dirt 4 and just before the WRC in Germany opens arggggg!!!

And so here I go again; I have already put coin into the the Pro Pedal set and the GT 28 Wheel, so I'm feeling trapped by my accessory set in that it makes monetary sense to just replace the Servo and move on DOH!

This time however, I've purchased the servo from Walmart online WITH a 4 year warranty! So at least when (not if) the servo fails again, I'll have some recourse.

I miss my wheel, i'm a speed junkie and I need my fix!

Rant over!

Thanks for your understanding fellow donors to Thrustmasters bottom line

W
wolve3591
Driver

Re: T300RS Woes...

Unread postby TropperMatt » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:05 am

Wolve mate,

Trying updating the Firmware on your T300 by connecting it to PC and finding an update.

If that doesn't fix the issue, I know that Thurstmaster EU is really helpful with their products and maybe the same with US and trying to help you get the wheel back up and running.

Best of luck mate, Dirt 4 is too good to miss out on
TropperMatt
Race Official

Unread postby wolve3591 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:55 am

TropperMatt wrote:Trying updating the Firmware on your T300 by connecting it to PC and finding an update.

Thanks for the tips Mate,

Been there and done that months ago as the servo's been malfunctioning for months now...

The firmware patch did help at first but the auto calibration failures were never totally fixed; For the last few months I've had to turn the wheel all the way left before plugging into USB...

For all those who haven't, DO UPDATE the firmware on your wheel, it'll keep you wheel current with new game/patch software...

I had one Glorious, first day shot at Dirt4 before my wheel went belly up! Chased TropperMatt up the leader-board for the first weekly event. Although I only had a day with the game, I think it's gonna be epic with the lobbies for rallies and all modes...

Patiently waiting until my new servo arrives on Monday! (and NO, I refuse to use a controller).

Thanks TM!
wolve3591
Driver

Unread postby TropperMatt » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:11 pm

Atleast you have tried mate!

I have just been trying to get through the game to platinum it quickly lol.

Such a good game tho worth every bit they ask for it
TropperMatt
Race Official

Return to General Discussion