German GT3 Challenge

All information pertaining to the Aussie GT Open can be found in this thread. This series consists of all times of GT style racing available in the Australian Tour.
Moderator: MyNameIsGrayson & Rilos04

German GT3 Challenge

Unread postby Botts_225 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:48 pm

Bring your ear plugs for this one, the sweet sounds of a roaring GT3 field are hitting the track here again at STA. This series will be showcasing Germany's best GT3 cars in a series that you wont want to miss. This series will be taking place mid July, with the races being on a Saturday night at 6 p.m AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time).

This series will feature a Pro and ProAm division, which will be decided from times at the Pre-Season testing events that will take place at Sonoma. Points for each class will be separate. A date and time for the Pre-Season testing will be posted at the start of July. You can show up to as many Pre-Season testing events as you like, but your must designate what test you want your times to count in.

Cars available for this series:
Audi R8 LMS Ultra
BMW M3 GT3
BMW z4 GT3
Mercedes-AMG GT3
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
RUF RGT-8 GT3
There will be a limit on how many of the same cars can be chosen, with the maximum total being 3.

Tracks: All events will start on Saturdays at 6 p.m AEST
QR = Qualifying Race
MR = Main Race

All start times listed below are in game times
Pre-Season (to determine Pro and ProAM divisions): Zolder - 15th July (10 a.m AEST / 6 p.m AEST) / 16th July (6 p.m AEST)
Round 1: Catalunya GP - 22nd July (QR - 5 p.m / MR - 8 p.m) x5 time acceleration MR
Round 2: Donington Park GP - 29th August (QR - 6 a.m / MR - 9 a.m)
Round 3: Bathurst - 5th August (QR - 2 p.m / MR - 3 a.m) x2 time acceleration MR
Round 4: Le Circuit Bugatti - 12th August (QR - 10 a.m / MR - 2 p.m)
Round 5: Imola - 19th August (QR - 2 p.m / MR - 6 p.m)
Round 6: Nurburgring GP - 26th August (QR - 12 p.m / MR - 4 p.m) x5 time acceleration MR
Round 7: Road America - 2nd September (QR - 9 a.m / 1 p.m)
Round 8: Spa - 9th September (QR - 6 p.m / MR - 5 a.m) x2 acceleration MR
Round 9: Watkins Glen GP - 16th September (QR - 7 p.m / MR 12 a.m)

Each race will have a different start time and time acceleration. These will be posted at the start of July.

Round Format:
Rounds 1-10
1 x 15 minute practice
1 x 15 minute qualifying
1 x 5 minute warm up (closed track)
1 x lapped main race (reverse grid)
The reverse grid race will only be for the top 8 so it will run like this: 1st - 8th / 2nd - 7th / 3rd - 6th) / 4th - 5th / 5th - 4th / 6th - 3rd / 7th - 2nd / 8th - 1st. From 9th on will start in their finishing position from the qualifying race

Race Results:
| 1st - 25 / 2nd - 22 / 3rd - 19 / 4th - 16 / 5th - 14 / 6th - 12 / 7th - 10 / 8th - 9 / 9th - 8 / 10th - 7 / 11th - 6
12 - 5 / 13th - 4 / 14th - 3 / 15th - 2 / 16th -1 |

90% rull will be used for race classification
If you disconnect in a race you will be classified as the last finisher
If you crash out or suffer terminal damage or mechanical issues and retire you will not be classified

Assists - All
Weather - Simulated from real life (races with 'light rain' will be set to 'light rain with fog' to bring track temperatures down)
Tire wear - Qualifying Race - Real / Main Race - Real
Fuel - Real

All STA rules apply.

Driver Entry List:
1. Botts_225 - BMW M3 GT3 #20
2. TropperMatt - Audi R8 LMS Ultra #18
3. Barbarooza - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
4. TDD_Motorsport - BMW M3 GT3 #65
5. Navara_67 - RUF RGT-8 GT3 #78
6. UrDon4 - BMW M3 GT3
7. MyNameIsGrayson - RUF RGT-8 GT3 #51
8. HEMSTAR - Audi R8 LMS Ultra
9. Tarkawarra - Audi R8 LMS Ultra
10. Fasr06 - BMW Z4 GT3
Reserves:

Car Availability (max 3 of the same car)

Audi R8 LMS Ultra - 0
BMW M3 GT3 - 0
BMW Z4 GT3 - 2
Mercedes-AMG GT3 - 3
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 - 2
RUF RGT-8 GT3 - 1
Botts_225
Race Official

Re: German GT3 Challenge

Unread postby Barbarooza » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:59 am

Just thinking Botts, with the main race being reverse grid, to give people incentive to battle in the sprint race, maybe something could be done like in F2 where it is a reverse grid for the top 8 on the grid for the second race. Might stop people who have a bad start completely phoning it in just to get that reverse grid pole
Barbarooza
Driver

Unread postby Botts_225 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:12 am

Barbarooza wrote:Just thinking Botts, with the main race being reverse grid, to give people incentive to battle in the sprint race, maybe something could be done like in F2 where it is a reverse grid for the top 8 on the grid for the second race. Might stop people who have a bad start completely phoning it in just to get that reverse grid pole

So 8th goes to 1st and 1st goes to 8th and so on? I like that idea Barb
Botts_225
Race Official

Unread postby NAVARA_67 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:15 am

Count me in Botts.

Like my golf........... I'll play in the RUF-8 GT3 #78 Bear
NAVARA_67
Driver

Unread postby dalemoore » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:42 am

UrDon4 M3
dalemoore
Driver

Unread postby TropperMatt » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:09 pm

Cheers for putting me in Botts, currently mulling the choice of RUF Audi or Merc GT3 but will let you know
TropperMatt
Race Official

Unread postby MyNameIsGrayson » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:46 pm

Tentatively put me down for the number #51 ruf gt3, i'm not sure how many rounds a can make at this point, but once you have dates out I should be able to let you know.
MyNameIsGrayson
Race Official

Unread postby fasr06 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:39 am

Attack Dog Racing will field the BMW Z4 livery TBD . Tom Fasr pilot .
fasr06
League Official

Unread postby MyNameIsGrayson » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:48 pm

I have a couple of suggestions for this series

1) Maybe for reverse grid instead of splitting the field, why don't you do reverse divisions, as in the slower division is at the front of the grid, with the race order reversed, then the faster division is next on the grid, with the race order reversed as well. If not, I suggest you make it the top half of the field is reversed, rather than the top 8, because what happens if we only get 9 cars showing up, seems a bit unfair on the 9th car haha.

2) Having that second race at one hour may make this night a bit long, maybe bring it back to 45 minutes, then put that tyre wear back up. That'd bring different tyres into play if someone wants to try a one stopper or a two stopper, or maybe don't make pit stops compulsory so that if someone wants to run hards for a whole race then they're able to go for it.

3) Is points for pole necessary?, the biggest concern is that someone might be able to snag the championship by just qualifying well. Maybe change it to the fastest lap in the feature race because that can be harder to get, or get rid of it altogether.

Those are just some things for you to think about it, feel free to include any of these or not. I can also give you the password to the youtube channel if you want to make highlight videos or live stream the events. You should also post some dates soon, so we can start recruiting for this series haha
MyNameIsGrayson
Race Official

Unread postby TropperMatt » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:42 am

Don't finish 9th then lol.

I like how it is just incase you want to know what people think Botts.

If you feel it will run too long you could shorten the practice or qualifying.

If you put they tyre wear up that will be less about racing and more about being slow and steady (will also affect controller users more.) I race to be as fast as I can that is why I enjoy it.

I am looking forward to it Botts! Hopefully some good close racing
TropperMatt
Race Official

Next

Return to Aussie GT Open