Whisky River NASCAR Series Season One

All information pertaining to the Whisky River NASCAR Series will be found in this thread.
Platform: rFactor2
Moderator: marimbakat
**ACTIVE STATUS**

Re: Whisky River NASCAR Series Season One

Unread postby Machine » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:12 am

Yes, one and the same!
Initially I was doing one of two things, looking for an Aussie Nascar league and looking to alert people to some big advancements to Stockcar physics in rF2.
It seems we have fallen onto fixes for stockcar physics. The second major piece of the puzzle only a few days ago. But needs more testing. We only just this week updated our Stock Car Simracing mod to force real tyre pressures. For the last 2 years we have used 20-25psi on the right tyres for high banked ovals. Which is totally unrealistic. And means almost flat out on most ovals.
Machine
Driver

Unread postby Marimbakat » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:51 am

Wow. I told mike scheiner that we could be a test league if need be. That goes double with you obviously.

We do have three separate tours that are associated with the league. American, European, and Australian. When it comes to PC and rf2, the American side is dominate since we just launched this platform about 6 months ago after being on ps4 for over 6 years. We are of course still there, but the PC side is starting to kick off to be bogger and bigger. We have a current goal to get over 16 racers at a time in a league race. I know many others have accomplished this, but being that we have been a console league for a long time, getting over that 16 max drivers is a big deal to us.

I can see us getting there. It's been a long road from where we started with 8 drivers only in our first race, but with new members joining here and there I can only see us getting bigger. It will most likely make our sponsors happy for the publicity of course, which is the next aspect to make SeeTheAir a household name in the sim racing community.

Again, glad and excited to have you aboard. Plenty of room here to grow and make a mark, as you already have. We welcome the experience and knowledge.

P.S. I can change your username to Machine if you'd like. It would let people know who you are a little better.
Marimbakat
Site Admin

Unread postby Machine » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:46 am

Yes, change to machine, sounds good.

First is the realistic tyre pressures. That has made a massive difference to the handling. I have had a grin from ear to ear while testing.
Second is the grip gained under load, which I said I found a fix for just this week. A testing mod is a few weeks off for that.

My Nascar 2016 skins mod with forced pressures will go public next week. Then my next test mod will replace it not long after.

The physics mas files will be available to anyone wanting to include them in their league mod.

The Skins are by DaREALMastaD.
Machine
Driver

Unread postby Marimbakat » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:44 pm

Update alert:

New Goodyear Tires are live on all Stock cars
Marimbakat
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Whisky River NASCAR Series (PC)