New Forum Style

This is intended for information pertaining to the all new SeeTheAir.com Website as well as the New Foru, and improvements that are being added.

New Forum Style

Unread postby Marimbakat » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:08 am

As if you didn't notice already, We have a new forum style uploaded for SeeTheAir.com's Gasoline Alley. We are looking into traffic staying on the forums and if this style will be a bit more appealing with being a lighter one. Let me know what you think. I am also looking at hopefully simplifying things a bit more. This forum does seem to be able to separate the title and description better than the darker style. Again, let me know what you think.
Marimbakat
Site Admin

Re: New Forum Style

Unread postby ant1897 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:10 am

Looking good to me!
ant1897
League Official

Unread postby Stallard22 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 am

This looks great man!
Stallard22
Race Official

Unread postby Marimbakat » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:09 am

With this new style we have at Gasoline Alley, I am also looking at a slight reconstruction of some of the categories we have and compacting many of the forums as you see them. I do want to hear your input, because I have heard many discuss the option of slimming the forums down and what we see on the onset of loading the page.

What I'm asking is if you like it the way it is where all the series are listed or if we simplify it more based on the platform we use (ie. DiRT 4, PC2, F12016, etc.) An example of what we can use is in the PC Section for the forums, about half way down. I have combined forum threads into the categories of the platforms we have on PC (DiRT4, PC2, & rFactor 2).
Marimbakat
Site Admin

Unread postby ant1897 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:41 am

Yep, from what I've seen browsing through other league forums, most of them are organised by format. So PC2, AC, RF2, etc... and within each format, you have the thread from PC PS4 XB1 etc. You also have the discussion forum for that format, development thread, exhibition races, etc. By doing it this way, we can shrink down the amount of info on the forum landing page. Clean things up a bit. my .2 cents.
ant1897
League Official

Return to New Website Information